June Bugs Secret Pals

June 2006 DTC Group Gift Exchange

Saturday, October 07, 2006

To Beri's Secret Pal


i just can't thank my secret pal enough for her thoughtfulness in all her gifts. this will be our first child, and we are in need of everything "baby" related. you have been so thoughtful to send things for our little one and things for us. like i posted on the june bugs website, that little duckling makes me smile everytime i hear it. i can't wait to see the look of suprise on our baby's face the first time she hears a duck quack at her! i love everything else too...the oh so soft bear, the duckling ornament, those perfect stacking cups, the photo album, bracelet (i'm extra impressed if you made it!), chop sticks and....especially the quilt squares. i can't wait to get the quilt going. my mother-in-law is a sewer, so she'll be helping me long distance. she lives a few states away, but she's excited to be included in the adoption this way. the quilt won't be started for a while, so if you have any other squares you'd like to send, i would gladly accept. you are a very special person, secret pal. i hope your secret pal is as great as you are. thank you so very much. ~beri

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger a Tonggu Momma said…

    I loved your comments about the little duck. It made me smile wide because our daughter's first word was the Mandarin word for "quack." They say "ga." Our daughter was almost one at adoption and at about one week home, during our first walk around the neighborhood, she kept pointing at the ducks in the pond and screaming "ga." Three months later I discovered the meaning during a Mandarin rendition of "old MacDonald." Even before I learned this, I KNEW she was trying to tell me something and not simply babbling. Just thought I would share!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I will try to send you a quilt square each month. Yes, I made the bracelet. I was guessing on the size of it. I tend to wear mine a little loose. If it is to long, it can be shortened or lengthened by adding extra beads.
    Secret Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home