June Bugs Secret Pals

June 2006 DTC Group Gift Exchange

Saturday, December 09, 2006

To Beri's Secret Pal


What a wonderful December surprise! Thanks so much, Secret Pal. I love the beautiful little ornament. I plan to keep her in my display case year around, but for now, she's hanging on the Christmas tree so I will see her beautiful face every day.
While trying to take the picture for this post, my little boy cat decided he needed to help, so I've included his picture as well. The boy is not camera shy. :) He's so interested in the way her little legs move, that I've had to hang her high on the tree to keep his paws from getting into too much trouble.
Thanks again, Secret Pal. I love my red thread holder surprise!
Beri

3 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Ohhh... This is your red thread holder that you got last month? Very Nice!!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I am so glad that you like it. Here is the story behind it. Last December when we started this journey, there was a home featured in the newspaper as part of a tour of homes. As I looked at the pictures and read the story, I realized that this couple adopted from China. I decided to go to talk to the family. (They had a really neat shadow box display of the clothing that the child wore at gotcha day - this was about 8 yrs ago) Anyway, I didn't look at the dates close enough & I went the day after. I soon realized that it was the wrong day. I then asked them about the pictures & explained that we were starting the adoption process. They invited me in & talked about their experience. The mom used to have a business where she created the angels & they gave one to me. Since then, the business closed. However, I was still able to find her angels. Whenever I get discouraged, I look at the angel & think of the blessings and know that everything will work out.
    So, I am glad that you like!
    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Beri said…

    What a great story!
    I've had a similar experience with an adoptive family where I live. I was welcomed with open arms into their home and got to watch their beautiful little girl run around the house for several hours. Just thinking of it now brings tears to my eyes. This time of year has that affect on me. I'm sure I'll be staring at her a lot more in the months to come.
    Thanks again. I love her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home